Veteran's Day Burger

No school today. What are two girls to do? Well, I worked on some fun things that I'll show you tomorrow and Jamie worked on illustrations for an upcoming art festival. By lunchtime we needed a little break so we splurged and went to Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Holly cow those burgers are fantastic! And the fries are to die for. I love how they leave some of the potato skin on them. Almost feels healthy with that little bit of roughage going on. If you've never been, you need to find a Five Guys near you. I mean, look at this burger!


Doesn't this look like the face of a happy burger-meister? She's literally got grease dripping down her chin!
So while we were indulging in this sinful delight, we began to talk about Veteran's Day. I wanted to make sure she understood that it didn't just mean a day off from school, you know? We discussed the members of our family who have served: Grandpa Andy, who served in the Korean War and WWII, Paul, my brother Steve, and my niece Heather, plus many other friends' family members. We agreed that we're proud of all of them. The discussion didn't carry on for terribly long, but I was just glad that we recognized the day for what it's intended. To remember.

Back to the burgers and enjoying an afternoon together.

Comments