Clearly Adorable


Consider this an official sneak peek into the Close To My Heart Summer product line! I have this thing for kitchen-fruity-foodie types of the images. Love the vintage style the best. So when CTMH came out with their Cherry-O line of papers and embellishments, I was excited. I wouldn't say it's necessarily vintage, but it certainly can be made to look so.

Take a look at this card I made for my buddy Lisa who is having a birthday today...


It was a little hard to photograph because the card is clear. CLEAR CARDS (Z1309) are going to be a new addition this summer! They come in a pack of eight with four of them being a round scallop like mine and four square ones with rounded corners. Also included in the package are eight clear envelopes, which make a really great presentation when handing this cute card to a friend.

Those great beaded stickers are called "Opaques" Cherry-O (Z1319). There is a variety of six to a pack and they are pearly and so pretty, don't you think? Such fun to play with. The papers are from a new Level 2 Paper Pack called "Cherry-O" as well. (X7123B) The ribbon is from the Sweet Leaf ribbon rounds. (Z1125)


I found it both challenging and fun to work with a clear card like this. It takes a little more time to plan things out, and to get the placement right, but it's worth it in the end. The stamp sets I used for this card are D1264 Angel Whispers (flowers and phrases) and the Happy Birthday is from the Happy Birthday set (C1257). I used Bonding Memories Glue (1512) to adhere everything and it worked very nicely on the clear acrylic card with hardly any show through.


This is the back of the card, and I hated to cover up those cute cherries, but I had to include her iTunes gift card somehow (she's hoping to get an iPad from her hubby. Lucky!) So I used my Revolution die "Library Pocket" and slipped the gift card inside and stuck the whole thing right to the back of the card. To finish it off, I just had to add another one of those little Cherry-O Opaques. Love those cuties.

Well, I better hurry and get this card over to her before she reads my blog. Thanks for looking and enjoy your day!

Comments

  1. A beautiful card from a beautiful friend!! Thanks for lunch and the gift! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute. I love the cherries. I can't wait to see the new products !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Lisa was the first to post. Did she receive it before she saw the post? I love the cherries also! Can't wait to see the new catalog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com