Two occasions to celebrate

Happy Mother's Day to all you blogger moms out there. I hope you have a wonderful day. This is my mom and I long ago, probably around 1969. I love this photo of my mom because obviously she has the style of the times going strong, and also because she is so pretty. I love the look on her face and how her hand is resting sweetly on my knee. She looks so relaxed in her beauty, so happy and loving.

My mom was the classic. She stayed home with us kids, she baked, she cleaned, she celebrated life with neighborhood parties in our basement, she and Dad dressed up for Halloween. She didn't skip a beat when we went on family camping trips, having everything prepared with all the comforts we needed: Fun travel games and toys for the car ride, complete breakfasts at the morning picnic table. Holidays were always made special because of Mom. Traditions were built that have carried over into my life with my own daughter.

Now, Mom is my friend and we spend hours on the phone sometimes, even though she lives only a half hour away. We get together to have lunch or shop, but not as often as I'd like. And she still makes holidays so special, and works so hard to make sure everyone is happy and everything is perfect for everyone. She is still the classic Mom and I love her so much.


I can see that my relationship with my daughter is, in many ways, a lot like mine was with my mom. We enjoy each other so much, and laugh every single day together. I think because of my own mom, I always knew that I wanted to be a mother myself. There was never any doubt. It's definitely my favorite job! And I can't wait to "punch in" each and every day.


This morning I woke up much too early, thinking about the things on my to-d0 list this week. (It's gonna be a busy one, for sure.) But then it hit me that not only is it Mother's Day, it's also my 18-year wedding anniversary. I've known Paul, the love of my life, for over 25 years now. We dated forEVER before he finally took the leap. And it's been the happiest 18 years I could ever imagine. I guess this guy is a keeper. He's my best friend, my entertainer, my confidant, and my red hot lover! (Ewww, I know, don't gross out.) All I can say is "we still got it." And I can't wait to see what the next 18 years have in store for us.


Comments

  1. What a great trip down memory lane. I love the picture of you and your mother. Happy Mother's Day, Annette !

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stories, thanks for sharing and BEST of Luck on the album Annette!
    yenisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com