Double Winnings - A very good day


It's late, but I'm on a high, and I don't anticipate going to bed anytime soon. I promised that I would share with you the results of the album contest, so let's get to it.

Drum roll please....

2nd place winner for the Close to my Heart Corporate Choice: Annette Green! I won one of every new stamp set that is featured in the upcoming Autumn/Winter Idea Book. Over $700 in retail product! Not only did I get this basket load of the stamp sets, I got a big beautiful bouquet of flowers. I was so happy and proud to have my team sitting with me, cheering me on, hugging me to death. This is what being part of a team is all about: support, love and encouragement.

After they announced the top 3 winners, they announced the Consultants' Choice, which to me is the highest honor of all. As they described the winning album and then added that "this consultant has already won in the top 3" I was hyperventilating! Then they said my name and I simply cannot tell you the feeling, the HONOR, the gratitude I was experiencing in that wonderful moment. I was humbled.



It was absolutely thrilling to win the $500 cash prize, but more than that, it was beyond description the happiness I felt. Artists by nature are sensitive people, I think, and most of us wear a thin skin when it comes to other people's reactions to our work. So when many people really like what we've created, the work that comes from our heart and soul, our blood, sweat and tears, so to speak, it is a very rewarding and gratifying thing.



I am so grateful to have such a loving and supportive team of ladies. My Flamingo Gals, my friends. They saw my album submission photos before Convention and they believed in me right from the start, even more than I did in myself. And they were all so genuinely happy for me. I was feeling the love in a big way tonight, and I can't thank them enough.

I was invited to a special reception afterward with other honorees of many different awards. I had my photo taken with our founder/CEO Jeanette Lynton, spoke with a few other consultants and corporate staff, grabbed a quick little bite of fancy dessert, then raced back to my team of Flamingo Gals so we could all share the joy together. We sat in the beautiful atrium courtyard of the Gaylord National and had a drink while we passed around every single new stamp set to get a closer look. I loved that we had that moment together. It meant a lot to me.

Now I have this big giant vinyl $500 check like you see on TV that I get to KEEP. I know just the wall that this will be hanging on in my studio when I get home.

It was a great day indeed. And I thank you if you were here and voted for me.

Comments

  1. Congratulations!! Great picture of you waiting nervously for the announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Annette, you'll have to share your album with us now that it is so famous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could hear y'all down here in Florida!! I totally understand the Consultant's Choice Award! What an honor, but I know your art work is fantastic and you deserve the honor! Not only because you are great at what you do, but you share it freely with others. That is a great gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you, but you did a fabulous job on the album and the best part is you have the album and all of its memories and the memories of the awards. Can't wait for you to get home and give you a hug. What are you going to do with your winnings??? LOL DiAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette, so very happy for you. You know if I had been there I would have voted for you. I love your work. Anyone who looks at your work knows you put your heart and soul into everything you make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! So happy for you -- glad you sent it in just in time! ;-) TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What an amazing thrill that must have been! I'm just starting out with CTMH, but I already want to become a consultant because of the motivational aspect of being with a team. Plus, you can't get much better than CTMH, that's for sure.

    Congrats playing with all of those new stamps! Hopefully you can post a few pictures of your scrapbook layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! (As my daughter would have said!!!) Too cool! Congratulations! Sounds like you're having a blast. And the Consultants Choice - that's a real honor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so flippin' excited and happy for you !!!! I can just imagine what this meant to you, especially the Consultants' Choice aware.

    I got chills as I was reading your blog entry. I can't wait to see your big check !

    You really deserved this :)

    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annette, Congratulations!!! I am anxious to see your album. I know it's absolutely beautiful!!! I know the awards are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Annette!!!! I just knew you would be the one. You are truly talented and an inspiration to us all. Have a safe trip home. Can't wait to see the BIG CHECK and stamps....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you! Awesome!! I can't wait to see your award winning creations! Glad to see that so many others agree with us locals- that you are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superbly fabulous!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!! How awesome to be rewarded for your hard work?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Annette!! You had my vote at convention - your album was STUNNING!! The recognition is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful for you!! Congratulations on winning the 2 awards. I can't wait to see the winning album. I am sure it is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAHOO!
    I have to say I am not at all surprised you won, your creations are always amazing!!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com