Box Pleat Peacock Card


Just a quick blog this morning. Gotta get ready for my Halloween workshop this weekend. 18 people signed up, and a couple of kits to pull together. This will take me the next two days...

Anyway, this was one of the cards for my Cards & More Club which meets monthly to learn new techniques and create over-the-top projects designed for the more advanced paper crafter. In this card, they learned the box pleat fold in particular.

Paper folds have become so popular lately from knife pleats to box pleats, and paper flowers to rosettes. I have been planning a paper folding video for some time now and am pulling together the last parts now so I can SOON share that with you. So hang in there, it's coming!

I apologize for the poor lighting. Again, in too much of a hurry. The papers are from Close To My Heart's new and beautiful Olivia paper pack. The peacock stamp and flourishes in the background (including a peacock feather) are all from the Circle of Love stamp set. The card base is Pansy Purple cardstock, just to add something unexpected. It's not actually in this paper pack. For the blending of the peacock, I used three ink colors all loaded on the stamp together. First the head and neck are inked with Sorbet, the middle body is in Smoothie and the tail in Pansy Purple.

With the help of a border punch and an embossing folder, I added some more texture to the card.

As for how those folds were made, you'll just have to stay tuned. Hopefully next week my video will be up for you. Meanwhile, here's a close-up of the pleats. Really pretty on double-sided paper.



Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Comments

  1. Beautiful !! So sad I missed the meeting this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette,

    I am having a peacock themed wedding in April 2011. I have about 70 people to invite. I LOVE these invites. They are the best I've seen so far. Do you make them in quantities available to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea, and thanks! I certainly can make them in quantities to purchase. Please e-mail me directly with details of what you need and we'll discuss.

    AnnetteGreen@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Do you know where I can buy this stamp set? Please let me know @ sonja.gassner@yahoo.de

    Thanks, Sonja

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com