12 Tags of Christmas - #4


It's the Tim Holtz-inspired 12 Tags of Christmas, and although Tim has finished all of his, I am playing catch-up working on Tag #4. I started with Tag 7 alongside Tim, then came back to the beginning. Only two more to go after this one, and what fun I'm having!

Like I've been saying for the past week and a half, you've got to go to Tim's blog and check out his tags. They're listed in the right-hand column. Be sure to click on his Tag #4 to see all his steps and details.

Here's what his Tag #4 looks like...


This is the first time Santa has made an appearance! This tag is fairly simple and quick, with a great technique using one of Tim's new facets, so be sure to check out his explanation on how it's done.


Now here's my "tag" which is actually a pennant that will become part of one big Christmas banner...


Santa's cheeks just made me want to add just a little red to this mostly blue tag. The bow on the facet was the beginning, but then I felt it needed some balance in the lower right so I grabbed the leftover red snowflake (yes, I said RED SNOWFLAKE) from my Tag #12 and stuck it under the WISH adage ticket.



Who says snowflakes always have to be all white and snowy looking?   Not me.



I just love how Tim busted out of that man-shell and added some bling and pearls to this tag! I found the gem adhesive flourish from Prima at the local Hobby Lobby, along with the adhesive pearl clusters by Mark Richards. I added a few single pearls and gems by Close To My Heart to fill in spaces as needed.



I'll be honest, I had a little trouble with the facet and the technique to lift the archival stamping off the back. I had to do it twice and finally decided it was good enough. Of course, Tim's is perfect and awesome.  But hey, he IS the master.



One last look at today's tag. Time to get in my jammies for the night and enjoy a glass of red.

Goodnight and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

  1. That is gorgeous! I love the red snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your interpretations!! Great job on all your pennants! I was very intrigued by that facet technique, but haven't tried it yet. I was wondering if it was a bit more difficult than he made it appear, and if you had some trouble I think I would be all thumbs! I will try to think of a different way to achieve a similar result. Thanks so much for sharing your creative genius with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, I have been enjoying your interpretations-they are so beautiful! I can't wait to see the banner in its entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! the colors are perfect and yes me too I love the red snowflake...can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed a couple of days, so glad you are doing this. Your creations are wonderful, can't wait to see the complete project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com