Dual purpose die-cuts

Just a quick share today. A few weeks back, you may have seen this fall hurricane glass adorned with Clear Modeling Film leaves colored with alcohol inks. (see this post for all details in case you missed it.)


     

I put my Vagabond machine to work cutting lots of leaves for 12 class members...





and had these leftovers from the modeling film that I thought would make a perfect stencil. I cut a few extra leaves to keep for myself too.




I made this Fall card pretty quickly. Although I didn't photograph the steps, it was really easy. 


First I laid down a few cut-out leaves and started spritzing a little alcohol ink in a mister over the card base which was a plain white piece of cardstock. I used a few different warm colors. 

Then I dried that layer well. 

I laid down the stencil and using a felt pad on the felt handle tool, I squeezed in some warm alcohol ink colors and started tapping the felt into the stencil areas. 

Finally, I took a blending foam tool with Wild Honey ink and rubbed it over the whole card to add more warmth. A final spritz of Perfect Pearls Bronze over the whole card and I was happy.




Prima flowers, Tim Holtz die-cut leaves, Close To My Heart ribbon, and some lace pulled the whole thing together nicely.


I cleaned off the stencil with some Alcohol Blending Solution and stored it away for another day. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com