Launch Woes and my Secret Love of Bees

Darn it, I've been sitting here at home since 6:00 a.m. waiting and watching the Delta IV rocket launch here at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. My husband Paul is a key player on the launch team and as I track the progress on SpaceFlightNow, things are not going smoothly. Delays are common, but I feel for those guys. They had to report to work last night at 10 p.m. for a 6 a.m. launch and it's now past 8:00 and no signs yet of a "go." So I wait...

If you are a space junkie, and didn't already know about it, you can watch and listen in on SpaceFlightNow for all launch info. Just go to the main page and click on the Mission Status Center link and you can get a play-by-play of the action, complete with video. And you'll get a listen to Paul's voice (when they say FMA) as they call on the team for "okays" along the way.

Now back to the post for today.

There's just something about bees. I've always had a thing for their images, especially the vintage botanical style. Same goes for dragonflies, butterflies and birds. But something about the good old bumblebee just makes me happy. Here's a card I made inspired by bees...


Black and yellow, of course, were the perfect colors for this card. I started this card design with the new honeycomb Texture Fade (Sizzix) and worked out from there. I ran Close To My Heart's black card stock through the embossing folder and sanded the raised edges to expose the white core, then brushed Honey ink over the surface.




When I saw this Seed Packet Frame die from PaperTreyInk and the coordinating stamps: "Year of Flowers Titles" and "Garden Variety II", I knew I had to have them! The flower images are from an older retired Close To My Heart set called "Enjoy Every Moment."




I love this treatment I've seen on many card designs where the bow of twine is actually tied to on the back side of a button rather than the front. Lovely!




And there's that wonderful bee. This one comes from Tim Holtz's collection of Stamper's Anonymous stamps. This is a single wood-block stamp I purchased online at SimonSaysStamp, one of my favorite places to shop for all things Tim.



And speaking of Stamper's Anonymous, I'm headed to Stamp Fest Orlando tomorrow and simply cannot wait because it's that one time of year when I get to see Ted and the gang at the Stamper's Anonymous booth, and shop-shop-shop for my favorite Tim Holtz goodies! I've been hoarding the cash, making my wish list, and counting the days. I'll be sharing on my blog, don't you worry.



 Finally, at 9:15 today...

Pretty cool that we can wait for the final 5-second countdown, walk outside, and watch it go over our house!





Comments

  1. Hello Annette. What a gorgeous card you have made there. As a wife of an Apiarist I too share your passion for bees. That sizzix folder is on top of my shopping list now - Thanks.
    If you go to my post on 15 May you will see one of Hubby's bees on a layout.
    Hugs
    Hettie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com