Retro Sketch Card with beautiful Renew papers

Quick post today of a card made with the new Renew papers from Authentique. Let me just say, these papers are delicious! I get sort of stuck in a rut sometimes with colors I favor, and this is a good example of getting out of that rut. Soft blue, juniper, olivey-yellow, well these are not normally my go-to colors, but wow are they ever pretty.

I decided to go with a Retro Sketch (#47) as a starting point. Be sure to hop over to the Retro Sketches blog to see all the artwork there using this week's sketch...




and here's the card I created...

The papers are all Renew aside from the Whimsical Tree die-cut (Spellbinders D-Lites) which is from Juniper card stock.



The leaves are from the Foliage die (Spellbinders) which is an old favorite for me.
"Thinking of You" is from one of Tim Holtz's newest stamp releases called "Simple Sayings." I knew when I saw this one, I had to have it. Along with 27 sentiments for all occasions, there's a distressed frame that each sentiment fits inside. I stamped it with black pigment ink and clear embossed it for some added shine, then popped it up with foam squares.



There's that lovely Whimsical Tree. I added some Bitty Pearls for some added dimension.



A black and white baker's twine bow doubled up adds some texture and a finishing touch.


If you really love the Renew papers like I do, be sure to check out eclectic's Paperie's blog today. They've got a wonderful card kit available using these beautiful papers. And you can find most of the products I used in my card in the eP store as well. Just click those links in red below.


Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your day is happy!




Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com