Take a tour of Palette & Paper of Indianapolis

I'm back from teaching at Palette & Paper in Indianapolis, and what a wonderful weekend it was. All went smoothly, the store was delightful, and the students were all so incredibly kind. Paul accompanied me on this trip and was able to spend time with an old friend while I was busy. He also scoped out downtown. So after my classes were over we stayed at The Alexander for two nights and explored the city while also enjoying our 25th anniversary! It was a great weekend.

I wanted to share a little video I created on my phone of Palette & Paper so you could experience what a quaint and delightful shop it is. The owner, Mare Mullineaux, is so sweet and accommodating and her store feels like a cozy home for friends to gather. Her husband Bill has helped with many handy fixtures in the spacious classroom. I hope you can get a sense of it from this video.





As we all know, shops like these have been disappearing over the years so it's important to remember that it's up to US as customers to support our local stores to keep them open. Sure the local craft store has coupons, and it's "easy" to simply order online, but it's the Mom & Pop stores like Palette & Paper that carry the specialty items for us. Products like Graphic 45, Stampers Anonymous, Prima and so much more.

Comments

  1. Perfection!!!! Sleep, scrap and shop all in one place! Rayann has got to get us a bed for Scrapbooks By The Sea! Loving the cosmetic case as a display too! Happy Anniversary Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute favorite shops in Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the house, full of yummy goodness and such a warm loving feel to the place. We have lost nearly all our shops here in Victoria, BC. There are a few still working out of their homes, but compared to when cards and scrapbooking first started out, there is nothing. I would love to see a place like this here! Just stunning simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful retreat/shop! I wish I lived closer, I'd be there all the time. Thank you Annette for making a beautiful video to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! What an amazing shop!! And, you are so thoughtful to share it with us, Annette, and so right about scrapping shops closing around the country. We have one small shop left here in San Diego called Stamp Addict, which strives to keep paper crafting alive and well. It's so important for all of us to frequent our local shops for product and classes so these few remaining shops can thrive!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video to share this fabulous local shop. I live in Iowa but get to visit this shop frequently. This house is full of yummy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your video about your store and love it. Unfortunately I live in the Portland Oregon area and frequently three independently owned stores and love the owners and classes they give. If I lived in your area I would be there today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annette, I love your idea to make video tours of the shops where you visit and teach! Such a wonderful way to support and promote these local shops!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com